Welcome to MyHotTub.com.
MyHotTub.com (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates www.myhottub.com, a website for a hot tub manufacturer where you can buy a hot tub online directly from the manufacturer (hereinafter referred to as “Service”).
Definitions are as follows:
“SERVICE” means the www.myhottub.com website operated by MyHotTub.com.
“PERSONAL DATA” means data about a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
“USAGE DATA” is data collected automatically either generated by the use of Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
“DATA PROCESSORS (OR SERVICE PROVIDERS)” means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
“DATA SUBJECT” is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
“THE USER” is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data. This includes anyone who is browsing our portal.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
Types of data collected are as follows:
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- 0.1 — Email Address
- 0.2 — Name’s Prefix, First Name, Middle Initial, and Last Name
- 0.3 — Phone Number
- 0.4 — Address, Country, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code/PO Box Number, City
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access Service by or through any device (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access Service with a device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of device you use, your device unique ID, the IP address of your device, your device operating system, the type of Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Use of Data
MyHotTub.com uses the collected data for various purposes:
- 0.1 — to provide and maintain our Service;
- 0.2 — to notify you about changes to our Service;
- 0.3 — to provide customer support;
- 0.4 — to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service;
- 0.5 — to detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- 0.6 — to fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it;
- 0.7 — to monitor the usage of our Service;
- 0.8 — to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- 0.9 — in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- 0.10 — for any other purpose with your consent;
Retention of Data
We retain your Personal Information for different time periods depending on the category of Personal Information. Some information may be deleted automatically based on specific schedules. Other information e.g. account information, may be retained for a longer period of time-based on the Agreement you have with us.
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights, covered by GDPR. We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please email us at [email protected].
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- 0.1 — The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you;
- 0.2 — The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete;
- 0.3 — The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data;
- 0.4 — The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information;
- 0.5 — The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format;
- 0.6 — The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we rely on your consent to process your personal information;
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Please note, we may not be able to provide Service without some necessary data. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Your Data Protection Rights under the California Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- 0.1 — users can visit our site anonymously;
- 0.4 — users are able to change their personal information by emailing us at [email protected].
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals:
We honor Do Not Track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track browser mechanism is in place. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
If you are a California resident, you are entitled to learn what data we collect about you, ask to delete your data and not to sell (share) it. To exercise your data protection rights, you can make certain requests and ask us:
0.1. What personal information we have about you. If you make this request, we will return to you:
- 0.1.1 — The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- 0.1.2 — The categories of sources from which we collect your personal information.
- 0.1.3 — The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
- 0.1.4 — The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- 0.1.5 — The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- 0.1.6 — A list of categories of personal information that we have sold, along with the category of any other company we sold it to. If we have not sold your personal information, we will inform you of that fact.
- 0.1.7 — A list of categories of personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose, along with the category of any other company we shared it with.
Please note, you are entitled to ask us to provide you with this information up to two times in a rolling twelve-month period. When you make this request, the information provided may be limited to the personal information we collected about you in the previous 12 months.
0.2. To delete your personal information. If you make this request, we will delete the personal information we hold about you as of the date of your request from our records and direct any service providers to do the same. In some cases, deletion may be accomplished through de-identification of the information. If you choose to delete your personal information, you may not be able to use certain functions that require your personal information to operate.
0.3. To stop selling your personal information. We don’t sell or rent your personal information to any third parties for any purpose. We do not sell your personal information for monetary consideration. However, under some circumstances, a transfer of personal information to a third party, or within our family of companies, without monetary consideration may be considered a “sale” under California law. You are the only owner of your Personal Data and can request disclosure or deletion at any time.
If you submit a request to stop selling your personal information, we will stop making such transfers.
Please note, if you ask us to delete or stop selling your data, it may impact your experience with us, and you may not be able to participate in certain programs or membership services which require the usage of your personal information to function. But in no circumstances, we will discriminate against you for exercising your rights.
To exercise your California data protection rights described above, please send your request(s) by email to [email protected].
Your data protection rights, described above, are covered by the CCPA, short for the California Consumer Privacy Act. To find out more, visit the official California Legislative Information website. The CCPA took effect on 01/01/2020.
We provide paid products and/or services within Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third-parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 18 (“Child” or “Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Children under 18. If you become aware that a Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.